Year 1 – Da Vinci Class
Welcome to Da Vinci Class page.
Class Teacher : Mrs E Pursglove
Year 1 Long Term Plan
|Theme 1 – Enchanted Woodland
Focus – Geography – vocabulary, map work – Science – Local Plants – Seasons
Number – Counting & Numerals 1-20
Position & Direction
Days of the weeks
Hours & Minutes
· Identify & name a variety of common wild & garden plants, incl. deciduous and evergreen trees;
· Identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
· Observe the changes across the four seasons
· And describe weather associated with the seasons and how day length varies.
· PLACE KNOWLEDGE
– Understand geographical similarities and differences through studying the human and physical geography of a small area of the UK, and of a small area in a contrasting Non-European country
· HUMAN & PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
– Identify seasonal & daily weather patterns in the UK
– Use basic geographical vocabulary to refer to key physical and human features.
· GEOGRAPHICAL SKILLS & FIELDWORK
– Use simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the geography of the school and its grounds and the key human and physical features
· Find a nice landscape artist – Fairies/fantasy